Who do I call to report a sewer backup?

If wastewater is backing up only when you are using water, the plug is likely in your service line and you should call a qualified sewer cleaning contractor to service the line. If wastewater is backing up when no water is being used in your building, the city sewer may be plugged and you should call the city immediately. When in doubt, call the city first during normal business hours, call Public Works at 651-454-4059, and after hours, call Dakota County Dispatch at 651-322-2323.

Show All Answers

1. What are the City's office hours?
2. Who do I call for electric, gas, sewer and water services?
3. Who do I call for trash pickup?
4. What can I Recycle?
5. At what point is a snow emergency declared?
6. What do I need to know regarding the City's Parking Ban?
7. Do I need a permit for a recreational fire?
8. Who do I call to report?
9. How do I sign up for electronic payment of my sanitary sewer bill?
10. Who do I call to report a sewer backup?
11. How can I tell if I need a building permit or not?
12. Will I need a pet license for my dog and/or cat?
13. Here do I find information about TRAA (Two Rivers Athletic Association)?
14. What is the school district's phone number?