How do I report a found domesticated animal?

For Dogs

Call 911 and an officer will respond to assist you. Mendota Heights Police Department uses South St Paul Animal Hospital. To contact them, please call 651-455.5897. It is their policy to take dogs only. 

For Cats

Call your local Humane Society or Veteranarian Hospital.  We do not have the capacity to handle found cats.


Coyotes are present in the area however, we do not handle coyotes unless they are an immediate danger. Signs of a threat include: aggressive behavior or depredation.

Please refer to the MNDNR for further information.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get my car out of impound?
2. How do I report a found domesticated animal?
3. How do I report a lost domesticated animal?
4. What are the curfew times in Mendota Heights?
5. What do I do if I have a dead animal in my yard?