Apply to be a Student Commissioner

Now Accepting Applications 

The City is now accepting applications for a Student Representative on the Natural Resources Commission. The Natural Resources Commission meets at 6 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month. 

The student representatives serve as a communication link for ideas, observations, concerns, satisfaction and questions to the City Commission from youth residents. The Student Representative serves in an advisory capacity and is not entitled for an official vote on Commission issues.


Must be a Mendota Heights resident and attend a school located in Mendota Heights (sophomore, junior or senior). The student shall be appointed by the Mayor and must be in good standing with the school he or she attends.


  1. Attendance is required for all monthly Commission meetings and any important related meetings such as work sessions at the City Hall or designated location.
  2. If for any reason the Student Representative cannot attend a scheduled meeting, he or she must notify City hall four hours prior.
  3. Student Representative shall serve a one year term (June through May of the following year).
  4. Any appointed Student Representative term can be terminated by theCommission or City Council at any time for the following reasons:
    1. No longer remains to be a resident of Mendota Heights.
    2. No longer remains a student of a school located in Mendota Heights
    3. Misses more than 50% (or three consecutive meetings).

If the student's term has been terminated, city staff will notify him or her in writing.

How to Apply:

Interested residents should submit a City of Mendota Heights Advisory Commission Application (PDF) and resume by 4:30 pm on September 15, 2023 to be considered.   Information can be submitted:

  • Via email in PDF format to or
  • Via printed/paper version by mail or in person to City of Mendota Heights, Attention:   Kelly Torkelson, Assistant City Administrator, 1101 Victoria Curve, Mendota Heights, MN 55118