Animal Control

How do I report a found domesticated animal?
  • For Dogs: Call 911 and an officer will respond to assist you. Mendota Heights Police Department uses South St. Paul Animal Hospital. To contact them, please call 651-455-5897.
  • For Cats: Call your local Humane Society or veterinarian hospital. We do not have the capacity to handle found cats.
  • Coyotes: Coyotes are present in the area however, we do not handle coyotes unless they are an immediate danger. Signs of a threat include: aggressive behavior or depredation. Please refer to the MN Department of Natural Resources website for further information.
How do I report a lost domesticated animal?

Dogs and Cats: Call 651-452-1366 and your information will be gathered and distributed to officers. Officers do not assist citizens in looking for lost animals but they may have information that could help you in locating your pet.

What do I do if I have a dead animal in my yard?

If there is a dead animal on your property it is your responsibility to remove it. If the animal is on the street, contact Mendota Heights Public Works at 651-454-4059.